Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Our treasury challenge winner is......

A big CONGRATULATIONS to Vicki from ViksVintageJewelry ! 
Vicki did a beautiful job curating for this past weeks treasury challenge with her treasury:






1: Tell us about yourself and your Etsy shop(s)

My name is Vicki and my shop is Vik's Vintage Jewelry & More. I collect and sell vintage jewelry and collectibles. I am a single mother of three grown boys...well men now! I am a former teacher of 24 years, and now I love the freedom that selling online has given me. 


2. Tell us about your craft, how did you begin creating and selling. 

I started selling on Etsy in May of 2011. I started out selling on Ebay but got extremely frustrated with all of the fees!! While researching some of the pieces I had on the web, I found Etsy and immediately knew that this is where I wanted to be.


3. Explain why supporting handmade and vintage here on Etsy is is important

I feel it is important to support handmade and vintage here on Etsy because handmade, to me, is made from the heart. The pieces made are created by talented people that want to share their passion with others. When selling vintage, we are helping to keep the past alive. 


4. Give your best piece of advice for new Etsians on what you feel can make or break a shop.

My best piece of advice for new Etsians is to promote themselves as much as possible! You have to get seen! Get yourself noticed and seen on every social networking site you can find!




6. Where else can we find you online?

I presently sell on Copious.com and Styl.ly. I have a number of networking sites where I promote myself and other team members as well. They are:

www.rebelmouse.com/ViksVintage/
viksvintage.tumblr.com/
pinterest.com/vik3/
twitter.com/#!/ViksVintage
www.facebook.com/pages/Viks-Vintage-Jewelry-More/131399500287186
www.stumbleupon.com/stumbler/viksvintage
plus.google.com/u/0/b/115495664170079344277/115495664170079344277/p..
weheartit.com/viksvintage


No comments: