Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Meet this weeks treasury challenge winner

Meet this weeks treasury challenge winner ViksVintageJewelry! 




What is the name of your Etsy shop and link? 
Vik's Vintage Jewelry & More 
www.etsy.com/shop/ViksVintageJewelry





Why did you start your shop and what attracted you to vintage fashion? 
I started selling on Etsy in May of 2011.



Where does your love for vintage come from? 
While making a move out of state I came across some of the jewelry that my Grandmother had passed down to me. While looking through all of her pieces, I became amazed at the beauty and uniqueness of each piece. I fell in love with the style, look, and quality of her jewelry and from then on I became obsessed with vintage treasures. I started to do some research on different jewelry designers and started to collect various pieces.


Why do you think Vintage jewelry has become so popular in recent year & why should people buy vintage jewelry? 
I feel that Vintage jewelry is now so popular because of the sky rocketing cost of precious metals. Plus, I think that there is such a variety of styles and jewels that there is something for everyone! People should (and will) continue to buy vintage jewelry because it is a special way to keep the past alive.


Why do you think vintage appeals to people?
 Everyone loves sparkles and shine! Rhinestones and gems can make anyone feel glamorous.


What period in fashion inspires you the most?
 And what fashion icons inspire you the most? I love the style and sophistication of the Victorian era jewelry. The pieces are so classic. Fashion icons? The first person that comes to my mind is Elizabeth Taylor....pure class!




Where do you find your vintage pieces?
 I find a lot of my pieces at thrift shops and yard sales! It amazes me that some people just don't realize what they have in their hands!! I also hit Estate Sales and Antique Shops. 



Is there a certain trend that customers have been asking for?
 I haven't really noticed a certain trend.....I have such a variety in my shop from Art Deco to Retro to Modern.....but a lot of buyers do like the shiny sparkly rhinestone jewelry.


How has your experience been on Etsy? 
My experience on Etsy has been fantastic. I love the camaraderie in the Etsy community and wouldn't trade it for anything else. 



What inspires you to do what you do and how do you keep motivated when things get tough? I love the hunt.....the search, and I don't see myself giving that up anytime soon! It's sometimes difficult to stay motivated, but when I get that "New Order" notification....it's such a great feeling!!



Do you have any advice for new Etsy shop owners? 
You have to market...you have to get yourself out there and get seen! Promote promote promote! Get on as many social networking sites as possible! Keep your prices competitive, keep researching, but most of all.....make sure you keep if fun! 


Where else on the internet can we find your work besides Etsy?
 I sell some of my pieces on Copious.com and Styl.ly too!


Thank you Vicki for this wonderful interview!!!

No comments: